Get Free Preview
In general, this document (15 pages, created in 2012) provides content, analysis and examples behind the course dot points as
outlined in the Board of Studies chemistry syllabus. By breaking down the three core modules
(production of materials, the acidic environment, chemical monitoring and management) into their
subtopics and concepts, and structuring these notes accordingly, the relevant information is provided
in a clear and concise form. With the inclusion of useful diagrams and important molecular formula
presented in a visual manner, the notes should be easily accessible by all students of varying
Year 12 students taking chemistry for the HSC would find this exam preparation material useful as a
comprehensive summary of the fundamentals behind what should be known and learnt for the final
exam. This document can be used as a learning aid, to clarify or even enhance the studentâs
knowledge regarding the relevant course content. The notes can also serve as a quick and easy
point of reference when revising for the exam or explaining a particular topic/concept.
NB: This document contains only module 3 for someone preparing for the HSC Chemistry exam,
Modules 1 and 2 are separate downloads.
Table of Contents
Crucial Information to Maximise Performance
MODULE 3 â CHEMICAL MONITORING AND MANAGEMENT
1. Much of the work of chemists involves monitoring the reactants and products of reactions and
managing reaction conditions.
2. Chemical processes in industry require monitoring and management to maximise production.
3. Manufactured products, including food, drugs and household chemicals, are analysed to
determine or ensure their chemical composition.
4. Human activity has caused changes in the composition and the structure of the atmosphere.
Chemists monitor these changes so that further damage can be limited.
5. Human activity also impacts waterways. Chemical monitoring and management assists in
providing safe water for human use and to protect the habitats of other organisms.
Created by IF, ATAR of 99.4